FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - westjet-yyc disaster continues
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:39 pm
parksville senior

westjet-yyc disaster continues

Calgary has gone from being the most passenger friendly airport in Canada to the worst-BAR NONE.
And the passenger experience with Westjet has took a tumble because of it being it's hub of operations.
Fly in from a regional airport and Calgary dumps you on the tarmac-roaring wind, blowing snow, torrential rain /hail or just plain prairie cold and you get a great big mouthful of western hospitality---NOT!
Then if you are flying west jet-get dumped into a WWII era prisoner of war camp converted to airport terminal--no maps, no flight screens, no services--just a mile of cramped tight hallway with a stairwell at the end that leads to who knows what.

Be greeted at the top by more hallways eventually leading to a mall with the moving sidewalks out of commission---probably since they were installed in the dark ages!

No airport "you are here maps", just stumble around trying to find a food court, flight board or anything---good luck!

Vancouver used to win "worst airport" hands down but after killing the Polish passenger they have cleaned up their act--but Calgary must have hired their manager of passenger relations.

I am part of the baby boomer generation just recently retired and keen on spending these "gold years" travelling. Minor limitations to my mobility make long walks carrying my jacket and carry-on difficult. What should be enjoyable becomes an exercise in frustration.

The air Canada terminal is better as a fly through but both terminals are miles of poorly designed "senior barriers for flights out of Calgary.

Luckily, From Parksville it is a reasonable drive to Seattle and from Saskatchewan/Alberta the Montana airports are handy-----and neither have yet installed passenger torture devices like Calgary!

Westjet--prove you are still on the passenger's side---make Calgary shape up.

Or maybe you might consider a different airport for home base.