FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSR/CSP Double Dip dead?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:13 pm
pallhedge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why? Chase evaluates 5/24 by looking at your credit report and counting all the banks cards showing there with an "opened on" date in the past 24 months.

But new cards take a while to show up on your credit report, so as long as you apply for the second card soon enough to be approved before the first card shows up on your credit report, Chase won't see it.

Yes, they could theoretically look inside their own systems to see it, but we know for a fact that they don't do that for Chase business cards. So why would they do it for this if they don't do it for Chase business cards?
All I have are data points--they don't answer the question "Why?". Early on, Chase biz cards counted towards one's 5/24. That changed after a few months. We know for a fact that they no longer count via crowd sourced data points.

Similarly, crowd sourced data points also prove that they they count recently opened Chase personal cards that don't yet appear on your credit report. That was the genesis of the double-dip. Once the 5th card is approved, there is a finite amount of time where you can apply and be approved for card 6. That time is measured in hours, not weeks.

All that said, I agree with you that this aspect of the double-dip is not necessarily dead. At least I haven't seen enough proof. Chase is clearly reviewing double Sapphire apps. This probably extends to double Southwest apps. What about a United Explorer and Freedom double-dip? Would that also be reviewed? I'm not convinced it would be. Time will tell.