FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Boarding Abuse - Delta
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:19 am
Gig103

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by spanda
It seems to be getting worse each month, now that the word has spread that the GA’s are not allowed to question the need for pre-boarding.

Delta 779 out of ATL today is a case in point: Man & woman with a 7-8 year old, pretty healthy looking boy, walked on after the other infants & child seats had boarded. A couple standing next to me saw this, looked at each other & took their 8-10 year old girl by the hand and followed. I asked the GA about this as I boarded with FC and she simply said, “Don’t tell me what to do, I can’t ask questions about pre-boards.”

Can’t Delta simply say, “children with car seats, strollers and infants in arms...”?

(From DL 1-M+, Diamond every year, so I see this a LOT!)
Delta could definitely change the pre-boarding to say what you recommend and that would help with the toddlers. I agree that toddlers are old enough to not require pre-boarding. But your comment about "healthy looking" is irrelevant; not all medical conditions can be spotted by a DYKWIA.