FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:24 am
lotrbfme

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I stayed last January and didn't get a suite -- I simply got the room that was reserved and paid for.

Anyways, I thought I left a review for this but don't see it:

Great things about the place --
We did the Hyatt Camp for two days for the kid, and she was the only one there but the staff in the program were great and my daughter absolutely loved it.
The lounge is pretty excellent. Complementary wine, great desserts (perhaps the best desserts I've seen anywhere), decent breakfast and hors d'oerves layout. Definitely all around one of the best lounges I've been at (which is primarily US-based).
The location is pretty close to Orlando attractions without being 'at' the Orlando attractions. Disney is a quick ride 1 way, universal is a quick trip the other way. The hotel has a shuttle, I didn't use it , but the Uber fares were cheap and relatively fast.

Good thing about the place --
The amenities were good, but it is a resort property so they should be good. The grotto hot tubs were great, but the biggest pool is unheated and was ice cold (though it was in the winter, so I expected it to be so), and the smaller heated pool was still relatively chilly but otherwise nice. It would have been better if the heated pool was just a bit more heated. The workout facility was pretty decent. The pitch and putt course was fun but relatively meh, and the tennis courts are quite nice (though a bit of a trek). The bike/running trails around there was small. The "watercrafts" on the little pond were less than interesting though. Overall the amenities/resort stuff is positive, but not awe-inspiring.

Meh thing about the place --
Restaurants were a pretty average -- Not bad or anything, but I had many meals and nothing was memorable.

Things I didn't like about the place --
Elevators were a bit finicky -- would skip selected floors when they were being heavily used, requiring users to take long rides at times. Some woman yelled at me claiming I deselected her floor somehow after I saw my floor unlit half way up and repressed it. She wasn't the only 'interesting' character there either, a lot of the people at the hotel were kind of loud and rude (perhaps just typical Orlando tourists!).
The spa was pretty disappointing and expensive (for what it was).
The room service was ridiculously slow -- Called three times (once at midnight, once at 8, once at 4) and the wait was always at least 1 hour so I never used it.
There wasn't a business center to speak of and the lounge did not have printers. Was referred to the FedEx store to print stuff (and the staff there was very friendly, but it was disappointing to have to deal with that)

Overall, I would stay again.
I have to agree with everything you said. Make sure to try the Lakeside breakfast once at least. It is really good. Also, now they have a printer in the Club. Maybe the hotel was pretty booked? This hotel is always full except on low season.