FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade with Avios Dub-LAX
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:47 am
user2018

Originally Posted by mccartje
I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. If avios.com is showing no aer lingus business seats available then that is the case (this is not unusual). There may well be BA business class seats available but of course this is on a BA flight which will likely connect through LHR on route to DUB. Also keep in mind using avios to purchase or upgrade flights comes with an additional cash fee that is not insignificant, you may need to consider this in your calculations for buying avios as I doubt very much purchasing avios to fully book/upgrade a flight will save you any money.

I mean I checked few weeks before and few weeks after my flght and there was no business class seats available on a Aer lingus flights. Actually I cound't find any offers for business seats. Is this up to Avios or Aer Lingus to offer availability of the seats? I spoke yesterday with nice girl on the Aer Lingus customer care and she told me there should be no problem as there is plenty business seats available. I did dummy booking and checked that all business class seats are available right now for this flights