FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:29 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rmagritte
I had four meetings pre-merge, all billed and paid for pre-merge, all attempted (according to the hotels) to be entered into the GPT pre-merge. One of the four was successfully entered into the GPT pre-merge, and I received 10 EQNs for that meeting. The other three didn't hit the system until after the merge (even though two were in mid-July). Once those meetings were correctly entered, I received the standard e-mail confirmation, and points, but 0 EQNs for the post-merge entries. So my experience is that if you had any meetings pre-merge then those count as your "first event", and all post-merge meetings get no EQNs, at least until next year.

I am fighting to get those nights credited. So far it's been something like 12 calls over the span of six weeks, and things have been escalated about as high as they can go, but still no nights. Everyone I've talked with says that yes, I should get the EQNs, but there doesn't appear to be anyone that is capable of updating my account. Quite frustrating. At the very least, I now have a direct phone number and a contact, so I'm avoiding the hold times and explaining myself to a new associate each time I call.
Things are still in a scramble mode. I wouldn't surprise me if they haven't released the manual edit mode. Given you have made the contacts, there shouldn't be a problem getting the changes made once edit has been enabled. Keep good notes with names, dates, and discussions and keep repeating contact say monthly. Also track any missing credits that would have been due had they been able to update the account in a timely matter. Yes, it's a lot of work, but your only other choice is to let it pass.