FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:53 am
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Phoned the UK call centre earlier today, 20 min wait then a helpful french-accented agent answered. I explained I wanted to make a booking for a Westin property. She checked and said it was NC5 and I had an OC6 TP so would need to convert it & upgrade - she pulled the 30k across from my linked but un-merged SPG account without an issue and I duly received email for cancellation of 870T and reissue of QP91 (105k = 75k from old package and 30k from SPG account). She then said she would need to transfer me to SPG to make booking. A bit more of a hold, SPG agent checked availability on points (which I'd already done), but then wasn't sure how to apply package. After another 20 min of waiting came back and said it wouldn't be possible to use TPs on SPG until 20th September. Fingers-crossed availability holds until then but seems like they do at least think it should be do-able, she was happy my cert was showing as NC5, which matched the hotel I wanted (some confusion when she said it was only 105k package but I explained that was the purchase price, not the value!).

Will call back in 4 days and see...

PS despite receiving email and SPG balance dropping by 30k, no activity lines in either Marriott or SPG accounts (checked both on website and mobile app) - I thought something would have shown up, the new TP is showing correctly.

Last edited by EDIflyer; Sep 16, 2018 at 9:10 am