FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:54 am
timol

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by linz36
I need some inspiration. For some reason we want to go to Vanuatu next year, around march-april-may. Our dates are flexible. Now Vanuatu has two international airports, VLI and SON, with flights to/from Sydney, Honiara, Auckland, Brisbane, although quite a few of those are operated by Virgin Australia, so it might be the case that the final BNE/SYD-VLI/SON leg will be on a separate ticket.
LHR-BNE business starts at 2.6k non-oneworld, and 3.2k oneworld.
OSL-BNE seems to be the cheapest OW C ex-eu at 2.3k.

I also have a 2-4-1 to use and HKG/TYO/SIN all have availability, but onwards business class tickets are still expensive at 1.4k+, and this might make it 3 separate tickets.

Basically, I need routing / fare suggestions for business from LHR/EX-EU to VLI / SON / BNE / SYD. Thank you!

edited to add: (Funnily enough, the cheapest EX-EU in Economy appears to be LHR-SIN-BNE on Quantas for 680GBP, and there are virtually no OW fares in Y to Vanuatu proper)
You did not get many responses to your query. Vanuatu is a great place to visit, and you do need to split the trip into two tickets.

Ticket #1 : Within the topic of TP Runs, you could get 920 TP (any maybe a bit more via SIN or KUL instead of HKG):

Ticket #2: You really should visit Efate (VLI) and Espiritu Santo (SON) once you are around. In order to get the domestic SON-VLI included in the ticket, Air Vanuatu (NF) will be the obvious choice. Both SON and VLI are, hmm, pretty exotic airports, contibuting to a nicely genuine Vanuatu experience. Maybe along the lines of this one (just forget business class travel in this context):

Note that NF flights from/to Australia are far from daily. In case of cancellations or schedule changes, you should have a reasonable buffer between the return flight from Vanuatu and the onward flight back home. ("Your flight to BNE is cancelled but we have booked you to our next BNE flight three days later..." )