FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Mangkhut 16 Sept 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:18 pm
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ellice
I have just recieved notification from CX that my 9.10am Sunday 16/9 flight to CDG has been rescheduled to FRIDAY 21/9. Midnight flight. Some SIX days from now. Has anyone got advice how to get this moved forwards? Ringing CX call centre just getting out on holding pattern.

Btw the advice people were putting out in this thread to go out to the airport yesterday and try and get on a flight was EXTREMELY unhelpful. There were NO available flights on Cx yesterday and the Hong Kong hotel rates are going through the roof. So to give up your hotel reservation to do that could have caused you to have incurred thousands of $$$ rebooking a hotel again after having gone out to the airport. VERY BAD ADVICE FROM SOMEONE PROBABLY NOT EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR HONG KONG.
Since you use capital letters, let me say that the advice given by experienced HK flyers was a good one and your remark proves that you did not go to the airport.
Initially, the advice from kaka was for pax with confirmed seats departing Saturday evening. And the flights did depart except for a few cancelled 24 hours before. There was a risk of public transport closing early (it did not)

But several pax who were desperately trying to get out of HK without a reservation for Saturday did get accomodated on departing flights.