View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 18, 6:57 pm
Zacnlinc

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, SPG LT Plat
Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
This is why I am getting my 10-year China Visa tomorrow here in NYC for my trip next month. I 100% fulfill the 144-hour TWOV but don't want the potential hassle involved with the gate agents. Particularly since BR switched staff agencies and things seems to be more apt to go south.
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
Embassies and consulates are NOT good resources because: 1. they provide outdated information; and 2. they lack front line experience. It's much better to get familiar with TIMATIC.
Drats! Glad I spotted this thread now. Guess I was not expecting such a hassle from the AA than with border patrol.

We're off on a cruise out of PVG in four months. Based on comments here, I best advise my 15 peeps in the group that we best get visas as I've assured them that we qualify to be TWOV since we're arriving pre-cruise by 72 hrs. For the bulk of the group, this will be the only time they will be visiting China since most are retired family and friends. Us "younger mature" adults are fulfilling a bucket list for our parents since it's a family event celebration.