FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHX / Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:18 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by 22calbr
Currently on the first flight out of LAX to PHX on WN, 6:10am - 8:30am. My AA flight to CUN departs at 10:00am. Don't plan on checking in luggage. From a bit of research, it seems like I have more than enough time to make the connection, probably enough to get breakfast even, since both airlines operate out of T4 and I would not need to go through security.

This sound right to you PHX gurus?
That 90 minutes is actually more like 60 minutes, as they start boarding flights 30 min prior. That said, without checked bags, an hour should be enough time. Though I would go straight from gate to gate. While WN and AA do both operate from the same terminal, there is only one bridge that connects, between high C (on the WN side) and high B (on the AA side). If you happen to arrive in D and leave from high A, you could be in for quite a hike.

If you do check bags, there is no way to make that connection. You'd have to go to baggage claim, get your bag, then re-check. Then re-clear security.

When are these flights? It must be Nov or later, as the flights between LAS and PHX are about an hour, so it must be after the time change with that 8:30 arrival.