View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:13 pm
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Heard back from JAL

<deleted per below>

Summary is fare shown is what it is.

Was pretty much what I expected to get. $8287 is bit beyond my price range to sit in Y though.
JAL has been doing really well financially this last year and if they can sell one way fares for CAN$ 1,800 from YVR to Tokyo, good for them.
This fare is actually listed all the way from next month on and it's been like this for at least two weeks now, probably longer and it's definitely not a glitch in their system since they would have caught it by now.
From YVR there are rarely low fares, even in Economy on either JAL or ANA. I did get a great fare a couple of years ago from YVR to ITM, about CAN$ 800 which was not available to NRT but only to ITM.
Yes, there are some good fares to BKK and other South East Asian destination but on those routes EVA and China Airlines are currently priced lower in PE than JAL in which case I would choose PE.

With all the Chinese carriers offering such low fares from YVR right now it's good to see that JAL can keep it up and I would always pay quite a bit more to fly with them before I would book on a Mainland Chinese carrier.

Let's wait and see if fares change.