FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:59 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NauticalWheeler
Have you ever stayed at the Andaz? My experience there was very good. Just curious.
No. I stayed there several times over the years when it was a Renaissance, and it was excellent. It was sad to watch the place abandoned throughout the economic slump, and I was really excited to see it reopen particularly under what is supposed to be a luxury flag. But that excitement quickly turned to disdain the first time I went over there to walk around. Things looked pretty from afar, but up close you could tell the material quality was poor and the construction slipshod. But more disappointing was the aloof, snooty attitude of everyone on staff I came across. To be fair, that attitude matched the nouveau riche clientele (and of course I'm generalizing--no offense intended to you or the other perfectly fine people who were staying there). I visited again on three subsequent visits to Wailea, hoping my experience was anomalous, but kept seeing the same stuff.