FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What determines where the call center is that answers the phone?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:42 pm
Diogenes1789

Programs: United, BA, FlyingBLue, AA
What determines where the call center is that answers the phone?

Several days ago, I wanted to get some information on aspects of booking, points, and reservation fees on BA, so telephoned the Executive Club number on the website. The first person who answered was someone on the Indian subcontinent. It was almost impossible to understand what he was saying, although he was speaking in English. He did not know the answer to my questions, and he transferred me to someone else, who also had a very heavy local accent, and whom I could also barely understand. He, also did not have the answer to my questions, and transferred me to a third agent, from whom I did get some answers, although he had to say everything at least twice before I could understand him. On Wednesday, around 9:00 pm London time, I called to purchase tickets, and was delighted to be able to talk to two individuals who spoke with (what I believe is) an English accent. As an american, I am not used to hearing people speak with very heavy Indian or Pakistani accents, and thus it was difficult to understand them. What I am wondering is, for future times I may have to call BA, are there are times of the day when one can count on getting an agent on the phone in England, or somewhere they speak with an English, Irish, or Scottish accent?