FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long does it take for ba to resolve a complaint?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:57 pm
NJ_North

Programs: Marriott
How long does it take for ba to resolve a complaint?

I filed a complaint/compensation request with BA on Aug. 6 for an incident that happened on Aug. 5.
I purchased Iberia’s Premium Economy tickets for my family of 4 on BA.com for our trip to Spain. The journey of JFK-MAD went smoothly but back home journey went wrong. We arrived at MAD and found that this flight was overbooked and we were stand-bys. We waited the gate. When finally two gate agents appeared, they didn’t make any announcements for volunteers during the entire pre-boarding and boarding processes. They issued my family 2 tickets, though the lady agent said 3 people could board but she never gave us the 3rd ticket. If we agreed to board, my younger daughter would be the one remaining. Since we had to transfer at the Heathrow Airport and didn’t know what would happen, we declined to board.
We went to Iberia Customer Service counter at the same terminal. The agents spent 2-3 hours to locate flights. One female agent told us that they would only give us 2 Premium Economy tickets and the other 2 tickets would be economy for the Heathrow-JFK flight. She also told us that we could file claim for compensation online.
Now at the gate for JFK flight – Before boarding I checked with the agents if there’re PE seats available, but they didn’t seem to care and just brushed me off. After we boarded the plane, my daughter came from the PE section and told me that there’re 2 PE seats unoccupied. So I approached the crew manager, a very nice gentleman. He came back and said that he couldn’t help me but he would report the issue. A long while after my husband and I were already settled down, an attendant, while distributing drinks, jokingly said that we could move to the PE section. No, we didn’t go. It’s a humiliating experience.
I filed the complaint/claim the next day after we got home. It’s more than a month. I’ve used BA.com to request for update, but haven’t heard anything back. Can someone advise what to do now?