FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fee for seat selection - How much?
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:55 pm
Diogenes1789

Programs: United, BA, FlyingBLue, AA
Originally Posted by EmsyDee
I’m flying business on BA next month SFO - LHR return and didn’t pay to reserve seats at the time of booking. On this flight, prices to reserve seats are in 3 bands, £83, £91 and £100 depending on whereabouts in the businesses cabins you want to sit. Upper deck seats are all £100 and lower deck are all £83 or £91 except a pair at the front.

I’m not sure how much (if any) the fees vary between selection at time of booking amd after booking, but hopefully this helps to give a you ballpark idea.
Decided to pay for the seat reservations now - since we are two traveling together, did not want to take the chance that we would not be seated in adjacent seats, and also did not want to be seated in the middle section. Needed 8 seat reservations - 2 each for 4 legs of the trip. Used my Aviovs to reduce the cost - It cost 17,238 Avivos per seat reservation, for 4, and paid cash for the remainder. $130.25 USD per reservation (About £ 100). Interesting, for flights on the 747, (but not the A380) the upper deck was already sold out for this May, 2019 trip.