FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International luggage delay
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:43 pm
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anbhc
Arrived in Shanghai,China tonight at 7pm and my 2 pieces of luggage are delayed and still in Los Angeles scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.

What is standard daily reimbursement for clothes and essentials for delayed luggage abroad, especially after 14 hours of flying.

The luggage office in Shanghai did not even supply a basic amenity kit and their Delta Delayed Baggage form did not have any reference number on the form.
Call DL or tweet them and ask for the file reference number. DL is good about not imposing a strict limit. Buy what you need and keep receipts. Never have had an issue with DL getting paid back.

Normally MU gives you a file reference and tells you to get along. Shocked they didn't give it to you. Would be PVGDLxxxxxx where x is a number. Sadly MU is awful about delayed bag handling. They handle KLM flights also. I was rerouted by DL from YYZ-DTW-PVG to YYZ-AMS-PVG. Luggage had already been checked in with DL. Of course luggage never transfered due to US/CANADA customs and bags being cleared into US already. I ended up getting one piece out of three sent to me every other day over course of week. This despite them getting all at same time, ONE day latter then my scheduled arrival.