FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton credit card no longer the heaviest, thickest in the market
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:59 am
anam

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I know this sounds like a total first world problem, but I received a replacement Ritz-Carlton co-branded Visa Infinite credit card the other day after my previous card was lost.

The new card is much, much thinner and barely heavier or thicker than Chase's standard issue credit cards. For a nearly $500 annual fee, it feels cheap.

One of the things I liked about my old card was its unique weight and thickness.
I posted about this a couple of weeks ago as well. It is an unfortunate change. Those few who didn't want the heavy card always had the plastic card as an option.

This was response from Chase was:
I regret that the full metal card design is no longer available on this account. Hence, the embedded metal cards were sent to you. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Marriott/Ritz/SPG no longer have a stand out card (neither full metal, nor good points earn on everyday purchase). It's a pity. They do make note of complaints from people who call in/write to them. But I don't know if Marriott will listen in the end.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It impressed the female waitresses.

Does anyone know if there's a competing card with the same heavy weight as the old card?
J.P. Morgan Reserve would the most similar, but you need to have 10 million with their private bank.