FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:57 am
ghostboy

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Greetings GB,

How was your anniversary stay/visit to PH SYD earlier this month? I have rebooked my 5 night stay at the PH SYD and MEL for May 2019, and my wife and I are really looking forward to taking Mr. Walker for an early evening stroll around the PH MEL neighborhood.
Hi luvFclass, sorry for not sending an update before now.

I did email the GM a week prior to our stay letting him know if was our 10th wedding anniversary & asked if it would be possible to secure a paid or points upgrade. A few days later, he replied saying it would be his pleasure to offer a complimentary upgrade to an Opera View room!

When we checked in, they asked if we were there for a special occasion (to which I replied it was our 10th anniv). The room was not ready (we arrived around 2.30pm), so we ventured out and explored The Rocks Markets & received a call from the hotel around 4.30pm that our room was ready.

The room was spectacular (will append pics later once I get a hold of my wife's phone); and there was a bottle of Veuve Clicquot champagne and 12 chocolate covered strawberries already in the room with a nice note from the Guest Services Manager. About 30 mins later, there was a knock on the door - another Manager had sent up chocolates and a note apologizing that our room was not ready when we checked in.

Overall, spectacular overnight stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone - IF you're able to pay for OR score an upgrade to a harbor or opera view room. There is still a lot of construction happening in the area, and I pity the guests who end up in the rooms (facing the construction).

I wish you a wonderful trip to Australia!

GB.