FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:55 am
DMPHL

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
That's the same as my post 18th language. Where you lose me is when you start with "it was understood", that's going to get you nowhere 99% of the time. Is the contract itself illusory given that Marriott can change the terms at any time? Someone is certainly welcome to argue that, but I wouldn't waste my time with it. As long as the points are posting according to the terms and conditions online at the time of posting, you got what you bargained for.
I imagine that the delays, etc. are because of system integration and not any kind of scheming on Marriott's part, but I know for me the issue is around events (with more than 100 rooms) that were contracted last fall, completed by the first week in August and were posted to the GPT by the hotel before Aug 18th. Everything took place when Marriott's program's explicit terms were 10 Elite Nights per event.

So, the concern is that Marriott can sell you on booking with them with specific incentives, change the terms on a specific date, and just wait to post your event after the cutoff, so that they don't have to give you what they stated they were going to give you, event if every part of the process was completed before the cutoff date. If the cutoff date was in 6 months, could they just wait 6 months to post your event? Two years?

Again, I don't think necessarily that that's what they are doing, but if that's the logic, then at what point does it break down?