FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:08 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stu1985
ABZ - LHR, Breakfast Band 1

Two choices this morning - full English or cheese omelette with asparagus and potato. I went for the second option. Really tasty - lots of cheese in the omelette. Accompanied by a Buck's Fizz.

Coffee - massive improvement - it actually tastes like coffee and not just dishwater. Crew seemed proud of new service.
I presume this was a night stop? Again the smaller tray compared (e.g.) to the LHR-IST sector and similar to my GVA offering. The previous non British breakfast hot option used to be fairly lamentable on night stops, tasteless and watery, But essentially what has happened is they have used the cheese as the source of moisture (which you need for the heating process) and fat (for longevity) and used a fairly strong flavour cheese to make it very palatable as well as presentable. Cleverer than it looks. Coffee, totally agree, it's a massive improvement. It's quite a fair bit stronger too, so the milk portion as provided barely colours the milk, but so far all my coffees (and teas) have been given milk off the trolley's or galley's silver jug.