FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade my chase marriott credit card, lose 15 elite nights this year
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:35 pm
bachelor0799781

Thumbs down Upgrade my chase marriott credit card, lose 15 elite nights this year

I have always been holding the old chase marriott visa credit card since Sep 9th 2014. So I have one free night certificate and 15 elite nights credit each year with marriott.

In May 10th 2018, I was convinced to upgrade this card to new Marriott chase premier plus credit card. I was told all the benefits would be enhanced. I still have one free anniversary night and 15 elite night credit. However, on Sep 9th I did not received 15 elite nights credit though I received one free night certificate.

Today Sep 13th I call Marriott and Chase for this issue and then I was informed because I upgraded this card before my anniversary date, I do not have 15 elite nights this year. The new chase marriott credit card will grant 15 elite nights to me on Sep 9th, 2019.;

That is not reasonable and unacceptable. I followed Chase's suggestions to upgrade this card but losing 15 elite nights credit this year which did not be mentioned when I decided to upgrade.

After a long long conference phone with Chase and Marriott, Chase supervisor finally transferred this case to department of Marketing and responsed me in 7-10 business days.

So ridiculous.