FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 13, 2018, 9:02 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Temych
Update:
BA have decided NOT to defend my claim in court and made me an offer.
1. The offer is just for one passenger. There were four passengers in my booking. Shall I ask for x4 compensation or accept this x1 offer and raise another ticket for the rest?
2. The exchange rate they use is pathetic. Is there a standard source of exchange rate? Do I use a historic fx rate or the current one?
I would mention that there were 3 other passengers and invite them to settle on the same basis or go via the same routine again. You may need the adult passengers to push the relevant buttons themselves, you can't necessarily act for them on your own. The exchange rate in this area is set by IATA daily and it's usually the current exchange rates, but obviously recent trends have been all over the place. CEDR and the UK courts tends to use rates set by the European Central Bank. Be careful what you wish for, for example they could simply pay you the Euro amount directly into your Euro denominated account and leave you to it.