FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back again, trying to upgrade my business class ticket to first with United Miles...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:49 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by felxcat
Had to get a pretty last minute business class ticket (flying from Narita to SFO on the 27th), so they only had Z class left, which makes it possible to upgrade. I am hoping to use my United miles, what are the chances that some upgrade availability will show up? Or have I missed my chances already... Tried to do the same thing late last year, checked every day 3 weeks out of my departure date and had no luck. Really would like to try out the elusive ANA F class...
GPU can't be used for booking class Z, so you are down to a Star Alliance upgrade That requires ANA to release award inventory. So if you find booking class. O available you can upgrade.

Between Diamond members potentially being on the wait list for a realeae, and ANA not releasing much O inventory, I would say pretty low chance. But keep a sharp eye out for the potential availability.
​​​​