FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:59 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'd argue that... SkyClubs I can reliably get something that approaches, if not, is actually a meal. UA/AA clubs I feel like a hamster at the cereal tubes and left to forage for cheese cubes. SkyClubs might not be perfect, but they sure beat the competition on both food and drink, IME.

DL is my most frequently flown carrier by segment this year. If DL were to axe the Amex Platinum access (which I assume they can't do without a contract renegotiation with Amex) it would throw my loyalty to DL into the air sooner than it would cause me to toss my Platinum card.
I haven't been to an American Club in a long time but I use my passes I get from being a Hyatt diamond at the UA clubs at ORD and LAS and they are pretty nice. I like the UA club by the Delta gates better than the skyclub at ORD as far as food selection goes and like the UA club a lot better than the Club at LAS.

My biggest complaint with the skyclubs is the overcrowding at peak times and lack of outlets.

I'm not blaming anyone for using their credit card to access a lounge, I'm just surprised Delta isn't requiring their own reserve Am Ex for access the same way the competition only allows their branded credit card holders access to their lounges (i.e. you can't access an American lounge with a citi pretige card and unfortunately United won't give access with a chase saphire reserve card, only their premium card). If United gave access with the chase saphire card they would probably get some business from me.

A lot of people are getting access to the Hilton lounges thanks to their Am Ex card as well.