Old Sep 12, 18, 11:13 am
phltraveler

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
You're wrong about rollover. If someone starts with 75 nights rollover, as in your example, and then stays 100 nights, the rollover going into the next year is only 25 nights, not 100, since the original rollover of 75 nights is irrelevant in the calculation of future rollover. To get rollover for the second year, we take the 100 actual nights earned that year, subtract the 75 that were "used" to get MR Plat for the following year, and get 100 - 75 = 25 nights for rollover. IIRC in some earlier years, people who were given PP had 100 rather than 75 nights subtracted for their earned status before there could be any rollover.

EDIT: Mea culpa:

Originally Posted by MR
How to Determine Rollover Nights:
  • Total nights earned at current year end – Any expired rollover nights from previous year – Number of nights needed to renew current status = Number of rollover nights.
  • For Example: 100 nights earned in 2017 (Includes 16 nights that rolled over from 2016) – 16 expired rollover nights from 2016 – 75 nights needed to renew Platinum status = 9 rollover nights credited towards your 2018 account.
I'm not sure if there were any bugs in rollover, as I'm not quite sure how I had any nights rolled over from 2016 to 2017 in that case (I definitely did have nights roll over, about 30)... Marriott does not expose prior year totals by night type.

Last edited by phltraveler; Sep 12, 18 at 11:30 am