Old Sep 12, 18, 11:01 am
Arthurrs

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
So I wonder where the bar will be set for this new tier above Gold? $10K? $12K $15K? Integration with a mileage based program like Delta may be challenging, and if it does finally happen, hopefully the value transfers well between the programs, but I'm not holding my breath, the trend continues to be going towards spend based FF programs and Skyteam is no exception. Nevertheless, I like how straight forward Westjet's FF program is for earning status and redeeming Westjet dollars, I got tired of the mileage games, limited availability, and moving targets of the other airline programs.

It certainly would be nice to get a bit more flexibility on how a companion fare is used (would be nice to break it up into one way tickets). Also some upgrade certs that could be used up to 48 hours in advance of the flight would certainly be handy, though I do appreciate the random "bump" up to plus with a higher priced flex fare that I've experienced over the past year.