FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Reagan National Airport {US-VA}
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:43 am
Doctorslices

Originally Posted by wolfie52
Don't know why people expect an upgrade when there is really nothing to upgrade to! Seriously, as a gold if I get an "upgrade" (which is only really offered at Hilton or Conrad) I am happy but it doesn't matter. It is a HGI---which offers Gold and Plat free breakfast. That is all you're going to get. These aren't luxury properties, just Hampton Inns +. And as HH's says, any upgrades are "space available".
Fair enough. I didn't realize HGI's didn't have the room upgrade perk and wasn't expecting much anyways on a 5 night stay. I mentioned this more of an FYI for other members who want to know their chances of an upgrade. As tom911 mentioned though, there are several room and suite configurations.

Any "amenities" are available from the front desk via a call or visit.
I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that didn't have a toothbrush in the bathroom. Is this common at HGI?

They assumed you would not want the ironing board messed with. If I use it I always put it back...are they supposed to read your mind?
Assumed I didn't want the ironing board messed with? That seems like an odd assumption, especially 4 days in a row?

Serioulsy there are tons of restaurants within 10 minutes walk! Go see the neighborhood.
We were walking pretty much nonstop the entire trip and tried many local restaurants. Sometimes after a busy day of walking, you just want a meal you can eat in your underwear without going anywhere else. I think the quality of the room service food is fair game for a review thread.

I'm not trying to trash the property. It wasn't a horrible stay. There was just a lot of small things that gave a bad impression. I just wanted to share some updated info for other members. It was pretty much the cheapest points property within a reasonable distance to DC. Maybe I should have just tempered my expectations more.