FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting a refund in other than the original payment
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:47 am
omaralt

i'm honestly not sure if you guys are serious or just playing stupid. i'll try to simplify this for you guys (since some of you obviously need it)

1- i purchased a roundtrip business class ticket on travelocity

2- needed to make a change to said ticket

3- called travelocity. they charged me $450 to change ticket and said all was well

4- two days later they call me and told me unfortunately that change never ticketed. they dont know why. they spent the last two days working on it but cant get it ticketed

5- they said they would simply purchase me a one way business class ticket as a courtesy since they already charged me the change fee

6- they purchased a $7k one way refundable business class ticket for me using their credit card

7- a few days before that ticket i had to be elsewhere; no longer needing that ticket. i made my own arrangements

8- i was simply asking if i could get any value out of that ticket. i was perfectly fine for a swiss credit for future travel

does that clear it up? where did i say i want a refund of $7k on a $5k ticket?

at the end of the day i didnt have time to deal with it at the airport and simply cancelled that ticket.