FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Business class service - from July 2018 - Experiences and Discussion
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:45 am
Cambo

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Someone posted a video of the new JCL service. its a bit long.

https://youtu.be/JNsuEj08yFY
Watching through the whole of the nearly 30 minutes, I can only say, this is not the decline many raised and definitely an increase in style. It's different, though, it looks far less "economy" then it was before (think away the white cloth and there is not much difference with economy style, apart from the chinaware). Loading up a tray to the max is "economy" alike. Having more room on there, gives a better impression. Just ask for additional items when you want more and -if available- you can get.

The narrator, a 16 (?) years old teenager complains about the missing breakfast items and economy alike other items. Though, I would rate the current breakfast more to the level of the opposite of "more is better". With the restrictions, the master can be seen. It is low class to eat everything, just because you get it presented. It shows style, when you get a limited set in a not-overloaded presentation and can ask for additional (or other) items according your wishes.

I certainly would "suggest" CX to have cereals with yogurts available as a snack, some people are interested in these items, either as a mid-flight meal, or as a simple breakfast.

Menu options seem to be extended, the hamburger as a main option is very nice. Despite the menu newspaper style, I think, it's a nice item. Again different, different style, people need to get used of it, but a good alternative for the previous booklet style menu.

Complaints about all items placed on a tray can not to be solved, without a significant J class refurbishment, it simply requires a bigger table. Better have the tray, so items don't fall down, etc. So, the food department simply has to work with these limitations.

The same applies to the staff, just a limit, the food department has to live with (at least for the upcoming years).