FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Premier Plus Card Discussion Thread
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 pm
mstrbldr

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I'm sorry to hear about that. I was in a similar situation. I upgraded to the Premier Plus for 10,000 points and was actually told the annual fee for the Premier Plus would be waived for the first year as well. It was and I was credited for the annual fee.

Then, as of September 1st, same day as you and your parents, I was charged another $95. I was surprised, but am not complaining because when I logged into my Marriott Rewards account, I saw that I was also issued a 35,000 free night certificate around September 6th with an expiration date of September, 6, 2019. Previously, I was told my free night certificate would not arrive until after I had my Premier Plus card for one year.

If you and your parents log into your Marriott accounts, were any of you issued certificates?

Regardless, I hope you can get some resolution from Chase and/or Marriott.
Thanks for the reply. I just checked two of our four accounts and neither had the 35K certificates as far as I could tell (where exactly did you see yours?). Just curious, what month of the year had you previously been issued your Cat 1-5 certs? Or had your just signed up for the marriott card in the last year or so?

Annoying how it wasn't more clearly laid out during upgrade offer.