FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CITI Price Rewind
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:29 pm
iluvdoco

Originally Posted by travels007
I have not used Price Rewind before but have a Citi Card with the benefit. Does Citi accept coupons in the price match?

Would Citi accept this as a price match?
1) I buy an item from a US website with tax (total = $174 = $160 for product + $14 in tax + free shipping).
2) There is a UK website that ships to the US. They sell the same item for $105 and have a coupon that takes $20 off, so it would cost me $85 if I were to order from UK site. There is no tax or shipping fees on the UK site. The UK site shows prices in USD.
3) If I take a screen shot of the UK website cart that shows the final price, including the coupon, of $80, would I be reimbursed for $160 - $85 = $75? Or would I just be reimbursed for the difference without the coupon, which would be $60?

Also, I assume Citi does not refund the difference in taxes (e.g. if tax were 8.75%, they do not reimburse you for 8.75% of the base price difference). Is this correct?
Were you successful getting a price rewind from a UK website? I'd like to do the same, with lower price evidence from European vendor FarFetch.