FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:28 pm
rtgta

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
Does anyone have experience with AMEX warning message before application. I was believe I shown that warning message wrongly as I've never had any AMEX Hilton card and 0 AMEX card opened in the past 24 month, only HHonor card I've had was the Citi HH no AF card back in 2014 which was PC'd to double cash in 2015. My relationship with AMEX goes back to 2015 when I opened EDP card and that is the only AMEX card I have at the moment, I have also had AMEX plat for 2 years and closed that earlier in May this year.

I did not proceed with my application once that message appeared so my question is has someone seen that message incorrectly, should I call AMEX and has someone in the same boat successfully resolved this ?

The warning message roughly said "rtgta, based on your history with American Express welcome offers, introductory APR offers, or the number of cards you have opened and closed, you are not eligible to receive this welcome offer. We have not yet performed a credit check. Would you still like to proceed?

Edit- Update incase someone encounter similar issues.
I first tried chatting with CSR and he acknowledged that I donot have a HHonors card and by reviewing my account informed me I should be eligible for the bonus but he recommended that I lodge phone application which I did but nada. Phone rep put me on hold for ~60 minute during which I was transferred to two departments. Finally I spoke to a nice lady from 'global application team' she accepted that there might be technical glitch as there was no reason she could see that makes me ineligible for the card. She also informed me that subsequent applications (I tried applying for Aspire then Ascend online and finally Aspire over the phone) received same error because if the system glitches once same information is retained for 30 days. She has created a ticket and recommended me not to apply until they resolve this.

Last edited by rtgta; Sep 11, 2018 at 11:28 pm