FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:49 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by mingzie
Exactly.

Ive never stayed at SPG, but I've spent $50k+ at Autograph Collection in room rates alone over the years, in fact I qualified for old gold without a fast track. My ratio is probably higher than most everyone here in terms of what I've provided to Marriott vs benefits I've taken. In fact ive already given them $1500+ for free ( i paid higher than $100) through the meetings ive booked, especially because they didnt honor my elite nights. There's no need for any personal attacks as this is a global issue, not just mine.

Just know that you are allowing Marriott to get away with screwing people over. It doesn't matter if its someone with 1000 njghts or who booked $50000 meetings. Not honoring is not honoring. It doesn't matter if only 2 ppl showed up to a meeting with no catering or AV and they had a meeting about a TV show. A meeting is a meeting. I even have a ABN and business name for my business which is legitimate.
Did you and the one other person actually show up to the hotel for the meeting? Your previous posts suggest not (and location of hotel makes it unlikely) but here is your chance to say otherwise. If not, then as I said, you tied up a meeting room for seven or eight days in a row, thereby depriving the hotel of the opportunity to host a real meeting with ancillary revenue from F&B etc. in an attempt to scam status. That does not sit well with me or indeed most of the posters here and I have no problem with Marriott ‘screwing you over’ in return. However, I don’t believe they are even doing that, as the posts in this thread made it clear that what you were attempting would likely not be successful.