FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Marriott General Discussion Thread
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:36 pm
CaliforniaSteve

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by jn in ca
+1. I've cancelled my upcoming reservations.

I am not going to commit to never staying in a Marriott property again, but for now I am walking away from Marriott. I already have my 75 nights this year, so I have no need to stay more to achieve status, especially a status I won't use. If someday I show up on flyertalk and see everyone saying that Marriott has made things right, then I will give them another try. Until then, Hilton, Hyatt and IHG will welcome my business.

I think the SPG lovers got blinded by the on property benefits from SPG, which were the absolute best in the industry, so the SPG lovers got blinded to seeing how awful Starwood IT has been. I welcome its death.
The combined IT ain't much better. I'm looking to make a reservation in BKK at the Four Points by Sheraton there. Go to the SPG site and I see the price is something like 2500THB per night on the cover page of all BKK properties. Go into the Four Points specific link and it's something like 2900THB per night. Then I look at the four night total and it's over 20,000THB because they seemed to multiply every amount by 2. So, I figure no sense booking online when they'll likely screw it up. For yuks, I used the SPG app on my iPhone. It shows the nightly amount on the Four Points site as the correct 2500THB, but still shows the four night total at 20000THB.

But at least, after three email messages and four calls, two of which resulted in getting disconnected, at least our account seems to be correct.

But if this is any indication of how good Marriott's IT is, then maybe they should have used the SPG IT folks instead.