FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Timing of purchase August 2019 flight to East Africa
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:43 am
tdiddy23

Originally Posted by Hezu
I don't know about when it is the best time to pick cheap flights and what would be the optimal price for this route, but I can note that ET isn't the only *A airline flying to these destinations: both cities are served by SN from BRU, MS from CAI and TK from IST and NBO also offers flights on LH from FRA and LX from ZRH. And for sake of completeness SA also has flights between these two airports and JNB and NBO and CPT, but I assume that when you start your journey from Canada it is a quite a time-consuming detour to first get to South Africa, although depending on the *A FFP and booking classes taken that sort of creative routing might earn some significant extra mileage. And of course it is still possible that these *A routings might not suit your schedule that well and the competing airlines (the prime suspects are KL/AF, KQ and QR) offer better flight options and pricing.
Thanks Hezu

Yes I looked at the other *A options; LX home via ZRH has a stop in DAR; SN from BRU to EBB is an extra stop (although it is on same flight so slight bonus) but I am considering this and taking a stopover in BRU for a day or two, never been, and to stick to more reliable airlines.

Last edited by tdiddy23; Sep 11, 2018 at 11:49 am