FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Chance of upgrade clearing on my flight {Archive}
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:16 am
catahoulafriend

Programs: United
Originally Posted by catahoulafriend
Hi folks, I must book travel to China on 10/10, returning 10/18. Looking to buy V/W fare to apply a GPU. I can fly SEA—SFO—PEK, or SEA—SFO—PVG. Right now, 889 (SFO to PEK) is showing 25/60 booked and 857 (SFO to PVG) is 9/48 booked (data from cablepick). Return seems wide open, although there is no R listed available (this flight must be PEK—SFO to accommodate my schedule). I’m 1K. Thoughts on the better outbound flight? I’ve seen rumors of trade shows in China in October taking Polaris space on planes...don’t know if this comes into play. Thank you, for your valuable advice!
Just circling back on this post from yesterday. Trying to gauge your thoughts on a booking for an upcoming trip to China, Oct. 10, where I want to apply a GPU to a V fare. Expert mode indicates the following: SFO to PEK #888 (J9, JN9, C9, D9, Z9, ZN9, P1, PN0, R0). Alternatively, SFO to PVG #857 (J9, JN9, C9, D9, Z9, ZN9, P10, PN0, R0). The numbers drop slightly if I search SEA to PEK, but I’m not concerned about clearing into first on the SEA to SFO leg. I recognize that the 789 (UA857) has twelve less Polaris seats than the 773 (UA888) however more seats are currently booked to Beijing. Personally, I would prefer the PEK route but am willing to go PVG if the GPU clears. Thank you, for your opinions.