FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:30 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I had an interesting experience booking a flight on the Gold line this morning. Apart from the fact that this was an ex-CAI booking too complex for ba.com, I really do not trust the web site after everything I have been hearing. The agent was courteous and friendly but when it came to payment and I asked her to use the Amex from my profile, she told me that they are having to enter full card details into a different payment system. She needed full card details, full billing address and cvv. She also said, that would now be stored in the new payments system replacing my previously stored card. This does point to the payment system for telephone bookings having previously been compromised as well as the fact that they now have a new one, so I guess we should assume it's safer.
BA apparently record their calls with customers. I sincerely hope that when you gave the agent your full card details etc., the recording was paused. It should be, and reputable organisations tell you that they're doing so. Otherwise it's full payment details stored on a voice recording for a non-defined period of time.