FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:27 pm
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Thanks a lot. I wasn't aware that the reimbursement criteria is the same all through the AMEX lineup. Good to know. Appreciate your insight.
No problem. When the Aspire first came out in January, there was speculation that the reimbursement criteria could be the same, but no one could say conclusively until people got the card, chose the airline, and attempted to get reimbursed. Now that the card has been out there for over 7 months, I can say with confidence that the Platinum and Aspire credits work similarly with regard to the 3 airlines mentioned.

Also, the Aspire is probably one of the only cards that I would've applied for even without a signup bonus, since it has been easy for me to earn back the annual fee based on the credits, free weekend night, and diamond benefits.
I almost felt bad when I went to Europe recently and was fawned over by hotel management for being a Diamond, offered gifts, and breakfast. I don't know of any other airline or hotel partner that will award their top status for simply holding a credit card, yet it has caused me to shift quite a few stays to them solely for the breakfast and other benefits.

I don't see you regretting your decision.