FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:30 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by GoPhils

Except the old Rewarding Events program was around for years. They could have easily put a stop to it long ago but never did. I think the “Platinum Status In $800” thread was started in 2008 or so and was Stickied...it’s not like it was a secret.

I know it was.
that isnt the point.
the new T&Cs CLEARLY relay what marriot thinks of the idea NOW. (maybe because of things like the limited time only LTPP or maybe because it will be harder for low night SPGers to qualify for plat etc - or maybe because they just decided to change their minds...)
would you take the risk? I wouldnt. thats been my whole and only point.

what the rules were, or what you could get away with back then doesnt matter. marriot feels strongly enough about the situation to say 'do this and we will close your account'. thats a pretty weighty threat. what are you going to do, sue them? if marriot had a dollar for every threatened lawsuit from an unsatisfied member they wouldnt need to sell hotel rooms, just collect those dollars.