FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaving Marriott General Discussion Thread
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:56 am
DL-Don

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by devalier
I am a Platinum SPG(Starwood Preferred Guest) member.

I am also a Starwood member.

The combined program was supposed to be effective August 18, 2018.

Today is September 10, 2018.

I have new numbers for both SPG and Marriott and a combined new number.

I can log in to both SPG and Marriott Rewards using my email address and password. However, even if I have many stays in 2018, my SPG account shows zero stays, zero points, and zero reservations, even if I have several reservations made for 2018 and 2019.

Even if I am logged in to both SPG and Marriott, when I go to the function to combine my accounts, and repeat the same information, I get an error message that I am temporarily locked out and to try again in 30 minutes.

Before August 18, 2018, I had a 24/7 telephone concierge service for SPG. This has been discontinued. Now I can only call a Marriott 'service' desk 9 to 5. When I am able to reach them, I get the same robotic reply. Be patient.

When I email I get the same bot reply and a case number.

I have tried deleting cookies and trying again. No success.

I am sure other SPG members are experiencing similiar problems and would like to hear comments from them.

Brand loyalty has its limits. So far, this Marriott/Starwood merger has been a disaster.
have you tried logging in with the specifics accout numbers (not email) using an incognito chrome browser? That seemed to have cleared up all my problems post 18 August.