FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vana Belle, Koh Samui, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:53 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
Awesome, thanks. The calendar just opened up for my dates, so I was able to make a 5 night redemption for 240,000 through the mobile app. The confirmation screen showed over $1000 in fees plus strict cancellation, which really concerned me. Now that I'm looking at the reservation through spg.com (it pulls up in the legacy interface) it's showing a 7 day cancellation policy but no co-pay. Do you think I have any reason to be concerned?
Seven day cancel is standard for any rate and not something to worry about. I don't think there should be any fees, that sounds like an error. The Marriott IT is all messed up right now, particularly when it comes to SPG reservations.

I don't know if you will get better answers from the property, but I would definitely find a way to get in touch with them by email. Let them know you will be on your honeymoon. I was there for my birthday and they went out of their way to do nice things. The staff are absolutely lovely and really epitomize Thai hospitality.