Old Sep 9, 18, 10:37 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
None of my pre-8/18 legacy SPG spending is counting. Also, none of my events are counting, either. It would also appear resort fees, dining charges, parking fees, and taxes aren't counting either.

I haven't run the exact numbers since I'm over $20k but when I combined accounts, my spending total jumped from the addition of the legacy SPG spend. On the Marriott side, I know the dining/bar/spa is counting and presume it did from the SPG side.

Unfortunately, I don't think stupid resort/destination fees count or earn points as I've been told that. That being said, I think the new FAQ's on the website suggest maybe they do:

Charges not eligible for earning include, but are not limited to: taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party services (such as parking, business center, watersport rentals, etc.). In addition, certain types of room rates are not eligible to earn Points. These include group or convention rates settled through a master bill, airline crew room charges, tours or pre-packaged deals through travel agents, wholesale rates, and rates from third-party bookings such as, but not limited to, Priceline.com, Expedia.com, etc.

https://www.marriott.com/help/rewards-faqs.mi

Not sure about meetings although I would hope Marriott would make a distinction between those on here who organize real meetings and those who are just trying to build nights through RE