FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:15 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by billyb750
Have to say in all this, I do have a lot of sympathy for the front-line telephony customer service employees from BA who, through no fault of their own, are having to try placate all the understandingly concerned individuals that have phoned in about all this (me included). Can't be an easy task for them.

If any of those BA employees are reading this, thank you for all your help under the circumstances! ^^^
I applaud your sentiments here, and those telephone support staff involved certainly deserve our appreciation and sympathy. It’s a point well worth making.

For the hard-working front-line staff in customer-facing roles, it can be tough and, at times, demoralising, when you’re dealing with the flak arising from incidents and decisions totally outside your control. It was, of course, ever thus in all large organisations ; but nevertheless must often make for a stressful day.

That memorable (for some ?!!) line from Ali McGraw, in the old movie ‘Love Story’, takes on a rather different flavour in today’s BA, where daily life means always having to say you’re sorry.