FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:32 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by klanfa
How is AA on releasing SAAver awards for domestic itineraries? I'm looking at flights around Thanksgiving (I know, I know,...), and I'm very flexible on both departure and arrival airports, and don't have a problem with reasonable connections. Still, I haven't been able to find anything that works for me. I guess I'm wondering whether saver space tends to open daily or in batches or what? Just so that I know the best strategy for looking - and it's a lot of combinations to check due to married segments and my flexibility.
Don't expect award flights on the most heavily booked days of the year (which I think includes the Wednesday before Thanksgiving).

If the flights actually operate then (some flights are cancelled that day), Thanksgiving Day itself may hold the best chance, because by then fewer people are traveling.

There's no pattern to how award seats get released, once you pass 11 months out (which was over half a year ago). Not that it's dependable even then, but that's the closest it seems to get to patterns.