Old Sep 7, 18, 6:42 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Data points on recent Ambassador email contacts and refunded points from SPG pre-merge reservations canceled after Aug 18:

(1) My Ambassador emailed me today that my refunds had processed through for my canceled StR Bal Harbour and StR Bahia Beach award bookings. (Both have already been re-booked at the lower rates now available.) That was 360K points for each booking! (The new bookings are a mere 240K each!)

(2) My Ambassador also emailed me today that my refunds will process in the next few weeks for my Sept 27 StR Florence bookings--one a junior suite for 5 nights and one regular room for 3 nights. I'll get back 400K points for the junior suite (interestingly, Marriott priced the junior suite at 110K points per night as opposed to the normal SPG doubling that would have been at 120K points per night) and 135K for the regular room.

(3) With that many points being returned, I honestly can say that I don't mind allowing the IT team the delay in getting that fixed!

(4) My Ambassador also emailed to tell me she reached out for me to the teams at the StR Osaka, Suiran, and RC Kyoto to make sure everyone is OK after the recent typhoon. Fortunately, I already have heard back from my new friend at the StR Osaka who told me that everyone, staff and guest alike, were fine. The building shook a lot from the high winds but otherwise avoided any major issues/damage.

(5) My Ambassador also emailed me today to follow up that she wasn't having luck on fixing my 75 nights Choice Benefit not working. Fortunately, either what she did or what Marriott Customer Care did worked anyway, as I had that functionality resolved yesterday and already had selected the 5 SNAs. So it's possible Marriott Customer Care got the job done!

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 7, 18 at 6:55 pm