Old Sep 7, 18, 3:51 pm
ketchm

Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
Still active. Just booked SLC-CPT July 2019 (end of schedule). $2206 in business class (x 4 passengers), including one night of hotel. KLM metal. 787 SLC-AMS, and 777 AMS-CPT. Will credit to Skymiles - should be 44,000 miles. Click through from TopCashBack which yields $161. Will also get 17650 expedia points, and 26500 Citi TY points. Very happy with this deal.
Originally Posted by mchangmd View Post
I'm in LA, so I have to position to SLC, but it's totally worth it. To me, the most desirable option is direct flight from SLC to AMS. KLM flies this route outbound on Fridays (and Sundays and Wednesdays, I think) on the 787, with an overnight layover in AMS before the flight to CPT. The return from CPT is on Thurs with 6 hour layover in AMS then 787 direct to SLC. Other options depending on the day of the week include flights through LAX, SEA, PDX, MSP, DTW, ATL, JFK to either AMS or CDG, then onto CPT - on DL, AF, or KLM metal. I would love to do the A350 from DTW, but it's more expensive for the flights and more expensive to position. Also good prices to JNB, though slightly more expensive than CPT.
Thanks! I almost pulled the trigger last weekend-even had A350, but this will save the positioning. I'm working on it...