FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:25 pm
ajca

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Been to both, stayed at Oberoi.

Oberoi is a classic, but it also draws in a crowd because it's a 'place to be seen' (think Peninsula Hong Kong - not quite as bad though). I stayed here pre-renovation, and even then, it was superb. Sure the hard product was dated, but it was kept in excellent condition. Exciting to see what they've done with the refresh. Food is good throughout. Service was spot on. Really impressive considering the size of the hotel, the constant in- and out- of random strangers etc.

I would much prefer to stay at Oberoi than the Leela.
I stayed at Oberoi Delhi a few months back post-renovation and thought it was excellent. The new fit out was done with no expense spared. The architecture and design in the common spaces is beautiful and the rooms are really luxurious.

@chinmoylad I didn't notice any random people there 'to be seen' at all, but maybe I was there at a quiet time. Actually I found the lobby etc really, really quiet. Could have just been luck or the fact that it was 45 degrees outside My understanding is that the Oberoi in Gurgaon is more known for being "Instagram-friendly"

@RichardInSF Make sure you check out Indian Accent and Bukhara while you're in Delhi if you have time! Have fun