FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:25 am
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by travelwithross
Starling have now contacted me, despite using Apple Pay, to replace my card. They say Apple Pay could also be compromised.
Pathetic.

I am currently in the middle of travel between Indonesia and Middle East and USA - not great time to be messing around with cards (considering many hotels and airlines require the physical card for future travel, I will also have to hold onto this card through June 2019!). Also, i'm being charged 60GBP to get the card sent abroad - so that'll be a bill going straight to BA.
Starling are saying (on their blog) that the current card can be used until new card is activated. I’m sitting in lounge at LHR so was going to be really irritated if I couldn’t use for ATM withdrawals etc.

I see others got Amex mail too, I wonder if that’s a targeted or blanket communication - I’ve got SPG Amex but has used card in the time period