FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Received a gift from a hotel staff and later got an email for a positive review on TA
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:31 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Received a gift from a hotel staff and later got an email for a positive review on TA

Mr. was in a Marriott hotel on business (I'm home with the kids), booked on corp rate with lounge access (he is Plat. Prem.). He was very happy with the hotel - the service and the lounge offerings.

He was asked to take a picture with the lounge staff (don't know if he did), he also got a gift of some Ferrero Roche and some craft things from the lounge manager. He showed me while we were messaging each other.

I have full access of his emails (except his work ones), and then I saw the lounge (F&B) manager sent him an email after Mr. told me about the gift:

We need your feedback about your Stay Experience in Executive Lounge at Trip Advisor . Hope you are happy with our small gift.

In today’s age Trip advisor plays a vital role in shaping up customer perception, may I request you to share your delightful feedback on that forum and assist other travelers like yourself to come and enjoy our famed hospitality . It could be Helpful for my team.

I have send you this link.

We will see you soon.

We Missed you in Lounge.

It was a real pleasure to be of service to you and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us more comfortable,
If Mr. enjoyed his stay there's no need to bribe him with a gift to ask him to write a review. It feels wrong.